Waukegan Alcohol and Drug Rehab Is the Best Choice for Lasting Recovery
Opiate dependence means it can be very hard for a person to quit taking the drug. Some of the withdrawal symptoms associated with opiate include:
- Stomach cramps
- Dilated pupils
- Muscle aches
- Bone pains
Tolerance for this drug builds quickly therefore the user feels the need to consume more and more of it. Opiate withdrawal symptoms are usually not life threatening but in some cases, depending on how addicted the person is to them and for how long they have been taking them, the symptoms can become excessive and dangerous.
Xanax Addiction in Waukegan: Why it is Harmful
Xanax is a prescription drug given to people with high anxiety and panic disorders. It works by reducing the abnormally high brain activity and calms the mind by creating the feeling of euphoria. Sometimes, people abuse the drug by taking higher dosages, or mix the drug with alcohol to increase its effects.
Symptoms of Opiate Addiction
While opiate offer pain relief, the effects of it are short-lived and one can easily get an addiction. Opiate addiction can be recognized by the following symptoms:
- strong desire to consume opiates
- difficulty to control behavior
- lack of interest in life and other recreational activities
- drowsiness and excessive sleeping
- weight gain/weight loss
- excessive borrowing on money without explanations
- heavy limbs
- lack of personal care, causing a bad appearance
- hang outs with opiate users
Stimulants such as Ritalin may be used in order to correct sleep disorders or treat ADHD are also subject to prescription abuse.
- Weight loss
- Irregular heartbeat
- Increased blood pressure
- Impulsive behavior
It is possible to become addicted to prescription drugs since they activate the reward centers of the brain. Overuse may lead to poor judgment, use of further illegal drugs, criminal activity, accidents, decreased performance in your professional life and troubled relationships.
Help is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What To Expect:
- Professional Treatment that Works
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Comfortable and Clean Facilities
- 12-Step Small Group Therapy
- Safe Medically Supervised Detox and Rehab
- A Complete Dual Diagnosis Rehab Facility